India Postal Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process 2023 Check GDS Selection Procedure Step-by-Step
GDS Selection Process: Department of Post Officially released 30041 GDS Vacancies. India Post GDS Online inviting the Applications from AP / TS / Chhattisgarh / Assam / Bihar / Gujarat / Kerala / Karnataka / Punjab and other postal Circles. In this article, we let you know detailed information about Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process. Many Aspirants across India were having ambiguity about GDS Selection Process. We are ready to clear the doubts about How the India Post will select the candidates for GDS Posts? More number of candidates having doubt - "Whether there is Written Exam for GDS Posts?"
Department of India Post selects the Candidate for GDS Posts in the following ways. Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process involves Eligibility Criteria, Correct Online Submitted Applications, based on 10th Marks obtained, Merit List will be prepared from All applications received. There is No Written Examination / Interview for GDS Posts. Candidates should note an important point if any Applicant who enters the wrong data, uploads the false documents, with any other mistakes will be rejected.
Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process
- GDS Selection: The applicants will be shortlisted for engagement on the basis of a system generated merit list based on the candidates online submitted applications
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained / conversion of grades / points to marks in secondary school examination of 10th standard of approved boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory
- For applicants where their secondary school examination of 10th standard mark sheet have marks or marks and grade / points both, only their total marks will be worked out by taking into account the marks obtained in all compulsory and elective / optional subjects. This will ensure that applicant with higher marks get selected.
|Grade||Grade Point||Multiplication Factor|
4. If the applicants having only grades subject-wise, marks will be arrived for each subject (Compulsory and elective subjects but not extra subjects), by applying the multiplying factor of 9.5 in the following manner.
5. In case of the marks lists containing the Grades / Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
6. Where cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is also provided, the marks will be arrived at by multiplying CGPA by 9.5. Where individual grades in each subject as well as CGPA by 9.5. Where individual grades in each subject as well CGPA is given, the higher of the two marks will be taken
7. Applicants having both marks and grades in the marks sheet have to apply with marks only. In case any applicant applies with grades instead of marks, his / her application will be liable for disqualification.
8. If Candidates get the same marks, the merit order will be taken as follows
Date of Birth DOB (higher age as merit),
9. Applicants Submitted Applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration. In case an applicant uploads wrong documents / information and unnecessary documents, his / her candidature will be rejected.
10. At the time of verification of documents upon shortlisting of an applicant if the data / marks fed in the portal are found mismatched with original documents, his / her candidature will be rejected even if there is small spelling error in name of applicant, father / mother name etc.
11. Shortlisted applicants will have to submit an undertaking in the format annexed as Annexure-VI (Available in Official PDF), regarding liability in case of Furnishing fake / incorrect information / details in the form.
Selection of Division and Exercising Preferences
After successful completion of Registration, Fee payment, the candidate should do Online application submission. In Online application, the candidate should do carefully the selection of division and exercising preferences.
- An applicant can only apply on or more for vacant posts of GDS in only one of the selected division one or more.
- Before selecting Division option, applicant has to validate his/her details by giving registration number and OTP sent to the registered mobile number.
- On Selecting the division, a list of all eligible posts (based on the communith and age) will be displayed against which applicant has to give preferences.
- Applicant will not be considered for a post, for which he/she has not given / indicated his /her preferences.
- However, if shortlisted, only one post only will be offered for engagement and his/her rights for all other posts will be forfeited.
If a candidate opts for five posts in a division with preference - Post 1, Post 2, Post 3, Post 4, Post 5 etc., and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the first post in the order of preference, against which he / she is found most suitable, will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited.
Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process Check GDS Selection Criteria for All Postal Circles
|Department Name||India Post|
|Post Name||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Posts|
|Total Number of GDS Posts Released||30041 Posts|
|Category||GDS Selection Process|
GDS Vacancy Details 2023 Circle wise
|Circle Name||Number of Posts|
|Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle||118 Vacancies|
|Assam Postal Circle||151 Vacancies|
|Bihar Postal Circle||76 Vacancies|
|Chhattisgarh Postal Circle||342 Vacancies|
|Delhi Postal Circle||-|
|Gujarat Postal Circle||110 Vacancies|
|Haryana Postal Circle||08 Vacancies|
|Himachal Pradesh Postal Circle||37 Vacancies|
|Jammu & Kashmir Postal Circle||89 Vacancies|
|Jharkhand Postal Circle||1125 Vacancies|
|Karnataka Postal Circle||48 Vacancies|
|Kerala Postal Circle||-|
|Madhya Pradesh Postal Circle||2992 Vacancies|
|Maharashtra Postal Circle||620 Vacancies|
|Northeastern Postal Circle||4384 Vacancies|
|Odisha Postal Circle||948 Vacancies|
|Punjab Postal Circle||13 Vacancies|
|Rajasthan Postal Circle||1408 Vacancies|
|Tamil Nadu Postal Circle||18 Vacancies|
|Telangana Postal Circle||96 Vacancies|
|Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle||160 Vacancies|
|Uttarakhand Postal Circle||40 Vacancies|
|West Bengal Postal Circle||45 Vacancies|
|Selection Process Official Notification||Click Here|